The MAX7219 is a compact, serial input/output common-cathode display driver that allows you to easily control 7-segment numeric LED displays of up to 8 digits, bar-graph displays, or 64 individual LEDs. Included on-chip are a BCD code-B decoder, multiplex scan circuitry, segment and digit drivers, and an 8×8 static RAM that stores each digit. Only one external resistor is required to set the segment current for all LEDs.
A convenient 4-wire serial interface connects to all common microcontrollers. Individual digits may be addressed and updated without rewriting the entire display. The MAX7219 also allows the user to select code-B decoding or no-decode for each digit.
- 10MHz Serial Interface
- Individual LED Segment Control
- Decode/No-Decode Digit Selection
- 150µA Low-Power Shutdown (Data Retained)
- Digital and Analog Brightness Control
- Display Blanked on Power-Up
- Drive Common-Cathode LED Display
- SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE Interface
- 24-Pin DIP
- Bar Graph Displays
- Industrial Controllers
- LED Matrix Displays
- Panel Meters