Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30 Motor Driver 14A is essentially a ramped-up version of our Ardumoto motor driver shield. For this Monster Moto Shield, we’ve replaced the L298 H-bridge with a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers. We’ve also beefed up the support circuitry so this board is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors! The VIN and motor out are pitched for our 5mm screw terminals (not included), making it easy to connect larger gauge wires.
When using this board in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal (in addition to the myriad other complications present in a high-current system) However, when using the board at currents up to 6A the chips will barely become noticeably warm.
- Capable to drive two DC motors or one stepper motor
- Continuous current capacity 14 A
- Peak Current capacity 30 A
- Thermal Shutdown pin configured to provide output to Arduino Analog Pin
- Maximum Voltage is 16V
- The maximum PWM frequency is 30 kHz. For most of our Hi-Torque DC motors 12 V, 10 khz PWM is recommended
- 1 x VNH2SP30 Based 15A(Peak 30A) DC Motor Driver Monster Moto Shield
1 x Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30 Motor Driver 14A Module
1 x Row of 7 pins