PICKIT3.5 PIC KIT3.5 PICKIT 3.5 Programmer Offline Programming Simulation PIC Microcontroller Chip: PICkit3 Microchip In-Circuit Debugger / Programmer uses in-circuit logic debugging built into each chip with Flash memory to provide a low-cost hardware debugger and programmer. and this is the 3.5 Upgrade Kit, the best choice! after the upgrade advantages:
Features Of PicKit 3.5:
- Offline programming never stops, so download more smoothly and completely conquer all versions of MPLAB, MPLAB X.
- Each PICkit3.5 with a single serial number, MPLAB X under, can operate more Kit3.5.
- Increase the external power supply current, the output voltage is more stable.
- The interface protection is more perfect.
- USB (Full speed 12 Mbit / s host PC interface)
- MPLAB IDE compliant execution (free download from Microchip)
- Built-in over voltage / short circuit monitor
- Firmware upgradable from PC / Web download
- fully closed
- diagnostic LED ( power, busy, error)
- the program read/write and microcontroller memory data
- clear space with verification program memory
- Freeze-peripherals at breakpoint
- program up to 512K byte flash with the Programmer-to-Go
- ICSP cable included
- the package includes:
- 1Pcs PICkit3.5 PIC KIT3.5 Debugger Programmer Emulator PIC Controller Development Board 1Pcs
- Mini USB cable
- 1Pc-Pin flat cable
Package Includes In Pickit 3.5
- 1x pickit 3.5
- 1x usb cable
- 1x jumper wire
Detailed Overview of Pickit 3.5
The PicKit3 is an official Programmer cum Debugger from Microchip Technologies for PIC Microcontrollers.
PicKit 3 Pinout
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||MCLR/Vpp||Connected to Master clear external reset pin of PIC to reset the MCU before programming|
|2||VDD (Target)||Target voltage of PIC, 5V or 3.3V|
|3||Ground||Ground pin of the system|
|4||PGD/ICSPDAT||Program Data(PDG) is connected to the In Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP) data pin|
|5||PGC/ICSPCLK||Program Clock (PGC) is connected to In Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP) clock pin|
|6||No connection||This pin is reserved for future use|
Pickit 3 Features
- Used to program and debug PIC microcontrollers
- Easy to interface with PC via USB cable
- Supports windows standard drivers
- Has programmer to go feature where you can program without PC>
- Built-in Over Voltage and Short circuit Monitor
- On-board diagnostic LED’s
- Supports all latest version of PIC and IDE’s
The PicKit3 can be used with MPLAX IDE running on Windows Platform to program or debug PIC Microcontrollers that support ICSP – In Circuit Serial Programming. Meaning the PIC can be programmed with only 2-wires (2-pins) PGD and PGC excluding the power pins.
When you purchase a PicKit 3 you will also get an USB cable, CD and header pins along with it. The USB cable is used to interface the PicKit 3 with PC and CD consists of the driver for your windows to recognize the PicKit 3. Apart from that the PicKit 3 itself has some on-board diagnostic LEDs and push button.
Difference between Pickit 2 and PicKit 3
The Pickit 2 is the predecessor of PicKit 3. Both do almost the same job, but Pickit 3 has some additional options and supports for latest versions of PIC. Also debugging will be a bit faster than Pickit 2. If you are a beginner, then even Pickit 2 would work fine. If you are looking for more advanced options like Logic analyzer built-in then have a look at ICD3.
- Program PIC Microcontrollers
- Debug PIC Microcontrollers
- Code dumping in production process
- Flashing or Firmware update.