ESP32 is a prototyping board that is the work of the Shanghai-based company Espressif Systems. It incorporates the ESP32, a microprocessor tailored toward wearable electronics and IoT. It boasts integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, along with an array of inbuilt antenna switches, and ultra-low power consumption. The company released the ESP8266 chip in 2014. Costing only a few dollars, this small chip is able to bridge an Arduino with a WiFi network, solving many issues that early IoT pioneers experienced.
It captured the attention of many talented engineers, who got it to co-operate with a range of programming environments, including Arduino. Within a few months, it's popularity started rising. This is ESP WROOM 32/ ESP32 WiFi-BT-BLE MCU Module. ESP WROOM 32 is a powerful, generic WiFi-BT-BLE MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications, ranging from low-power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks, such as voice encoding, music streaming, and MP3 decoding. At the core of this module is the ESP32 chip, which is designed to be scalable and adaptive. There are 2 CPU cores that can be individually controlled or powered, and the clock frequency is adjustable from 80 MHz to 240 MHz.
The user may also power off the CPU and make use of the low-power coprocessor to constantly monitor the peripherals for changes or crossing of thresholds. ESP32 integrates a rich set of peripherals, ranging from capacitive touch sensors, Hall sensors, low-noise sense amplifiers, SD card interface, Ethernet, high-speed SDIO/SPI, UART, and I²C.
Using Bluetooth, users can connect to their phone or broadcast low energy beacons for its detection. The use of Wi-Fi enables a large physical range, as well as a direct connection to the internet via a Wi-Fi router. Perfect for wearable electronic or battery-powered applications, the ESP32 chip uses less than 5µA. In addition, this module can support data rates of up to 150 Mbps and 22 dBm output power at the PA in order to allow for the widest physical range.
Applications Of ESP32:
- Universal low power IoT sensor hub.
- Home automation.
- Universal low power IoT recorder.
- Mesh network.
- Video streaming of the camera.
- Industrial wireless control.
- OTT TV box / set-top box device.
- Baby monitor.
- Smart Socket.
- Sensor networks.
- Wi-Fi toys: Counters, toys, Anti-lost device.
- Wearable electronic products.
- Wi-Fi speech recognition device.
- Wi-Fi location-aware devices.
Specifications and Features :
- Current – Receiving: 80 mA.
- Voltage – Supply: 2.2 V ~ 3.6 V.
- Current – Transmitting: 80 mA.
- Number of pins supported: 30
- Data Rate: 54 Mbps.
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz.
- Mounting Type: Surface Mount.
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C.
- Power – Output: 16.5dBm.
- Protocol: 802.11b/g/n/d/e/i.
- RF Family/Standard: WiFi.
- Sensitivity: -98dBm.Serial Interfaces: I²C, I²S, SPI, UART.
- Integrated 520 KB SRAM.
- Hybrid Wi-FI & Bluetooth.
- High level of integration.
- Ultra-low-power management.
- 4 MB Flash.
- On-board PCB antenna.