- 8-megapixel camera capable of taking infrared photographs of 3280 x 2464 pixels
- Capture video at 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions
- All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
- Applications: Infrared photography, low light photography, monitoring plant growth, CCTV security camera
- Package Include: 1x Camera Module
It attaches to Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface and uses the dedicated CSi interface, designed especially for interfacing with cameras. The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 23mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. The high-quality Sony IMX219 image sensor itself has a native resolution of 8 megapixels and has a fixed focus lens onboard.In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video.